What is a belief that you once embraced, but no longer do believe?

 I used to believe that God was, at best, a mysterious entity who might or might not exist. Even if He did exist I believed He was not involved in the workings of our world and no one had ever seen Him. I didn’t rule out the possibility that people had experiences that might have some connection with God, but there was no way for me to know if they were genuine or not, so not really relevant.

I didn’t exactly embrace these beliefs and make them important parts of my life, they just sat there more as default beliefs. I didn’t care if others agreed with them or not.

Except that there will always be some mystery around God, I no longer believe the rest.

The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Now hear, O son of Prtha, how by practicing yoga in full consciousness of Me, with mind attached to Me, you can know Me in full, free from doubt. Bhagavad Gita 7.1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does Lord Krishna says about death in the Bhagavad Gita?

Action in Inaction and Inaction in Action as per Bhagavad Gita

Difference between Shrimad Bhagavatam and Bhagavad Gita

What is human fallibility and redemption as per Bhagavad Gita?