Is it your opinion that logical people tend to test higher for IQ and, that people of faith tend to substitute faith for logic?

 I have no opinion on whether logical people tend to test higher for IQ because I don’t have enough information on the topic to form an opinion. I don’t even know what is tested for with IQ, but I’m pretty sure that it’s not my definition of intelligent.

As for people of faith substituting faith for logic:

There’s no such thing as a person with no faith. Everyone has to rely on assumptions about what they don’t know, the most obvious example being we don’t know what the future holds but make plans anyway with faith that we will be alive later.

Distinguishing between faith and logic requires ignoring that people have faith in logic and that logic gives conclusions we can have faith in.

They are not distinct opposites. They are used together. Faith in logic helps us determine what follows from what we know, then the logical conclusions give us faith to act accordingly.

Excluding faith results in paralysis and excluding logic results in chaos.

An intelligent person knows how to use both for maximum benefit to himself and others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does Lord Krishna says about death in the Bhagavad Gita?

Action in Inaction and Inaction in Action as per Bhagavad Gita

Difference between Shrimad Bhagavatam and Bhagavad Gita

What is human fallibility and redemption as per Bhagavad Gita?